- Just Pray: I have started to say a small prayer before driving or commencing anything important. From my perception, through prayer we can summon more positive thoughts and also it’s a powerful way to know about our feelings.
- Barricade the negative thoughts which is quite challenging for me. whenever I get negative thoughts, I ask myself this question, “If my thoughts are being telecast in a public media, will it be pleasant to watch?”. Obviously, the answer would be ‘no’ and it helps my thinking to shift from negativity to positivity mode.
- Figure out the root cause : When I assessed the reason behind my negative visualization (car colliding & spinning) , I figured it as a cast back of my fear or lack of confidence in my driving skills. I got to overcome my fear by driving my car more often :).
- Infuse positive thoughts , again this is not that easy as it sounds. It requires a lot of determination to eradicate negativity and infuse positive thoughts. (I am still working on this, will share my tips once I succeed :))
- Meditate . I have read that mediation helps to overcome negative thoughts. So I have started to meditate for 5 mins. Gradually I am planning to increase the duration.
Our car accident could be just an incident or could be the attraction of my negative thinking, whatever the reason may, but it manifests a fact – ” Better to have positive thoughts rather than clinging to negativity”.